Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My brain as a Bouncy Castle

You know those days where your brain feels like there's a party going on and there are so many people that you get overwhelmed and can't focus on anyone because there are just so many fun things to do? Well all of last week was like that. I could not get myself to do anything. Homework somehow got done I guess, which basically is a miracle because my brain had pretty much shut down for business and was just having a staff fiesta up there! Bouncy castles all over the place! I've had days like that before where I just can't seem to focus and get myself to do anything of importance. But to have a whole week like that was new and not something to be repeated any time soon if I have any say about it.

I kind of overslept this morning. The alarm went off once and instead of re-setting it for 6:50, I set it for 7:50. So the meeting reminder text at 7:25 (for our 7:30 meeting) was a bit of a shocker. But it got me to thinking. Is it better to have a long time to slowly wake up or can it be helpful to be jump started into your day? As much as I love lying in bed for just a few more minutes because I can, it can also be a good thing to have to jump out of bed right away and start thinking from the minute your feet hit the floor. That way, you don't have time to get back into a sleepy mood and not want to get up ever again. I don't know... I suppose not oversleeping is still my preferred method of awaking.
It was helpful, though, that our apartment is, once again, infested by a plethora of baked goods, this time from our Valentine's chocolate feast, so a grab-and-go breakfast was readily available.

This (and more) is what we're heading back to if this snow keeps up...

No comments: