Chocolate cupcake sandwiches with peanut butter frosting.
They were a bit of an improvisation to a little mis-hap but they were delicious and are definitely to be repeated. The cupcake recipe was Martha Stewart's and I adapted the peanut butter frosting from a recipe I found on the Barefoot Contessa's website. I dare say mine looked (and probably tasted) better than Martha's with this frosting... Take that, Martha!
Another thing that I'm enjoying about the summer is new friends. It's amazing to me how sometimes people can be put in the same room and automatically work together. Sometimes friends just come so naturally that only a few weeks can feel like months (in the best way, obviously!). With some people, friendship just feels more like family and I love it when that happens. Being away from actual family makes the relationships here so much more important and special, so I feel extremely lucky, blessed, and privileged to have this group around me to be a part of.
As for my little summer list, I've moved the bike and rode it a tiny bit, have a growing collection of books to read, and the herbs are growing beautifully!
Also, the fam. gets to the country tomorrow and I finally get to see them again! It's going to be one of the best things to happen this summer, I'm sure of it! :)

1 comment:
girl i miss you and your baked goods.
Post a Comment