- "I talked to a police officer and he said there's no way to get to school, so we should just go home."
- "It's taken me a really long time to get half way to school and I'm just inching along now. Don't worry about it. Go home."
- "I just got to school, but I want you to stay safe. We'll be fine here."
- "I've got six teachers here for 450 students... Do the best you can, but stay safe."
So, I turned around (in a puddle/lake) and made my way through some more lakes, turned down some more roads only to find flooded cars, shot up a plethora of panic-y prayers, and eventually made it back home. It's lovely here with the lights on and a hot cup of tea, except for the water leaking through our bathroom light/fan... That can't be a good sign.
The plan now is to stick it out a little longer, hope that the number of sirens that drive by per minute goes down, and then try to get to school a bit later. We'll see...
3 comments:
what happend?!why there is so much water?was it raining so much?!take care!
Just found your blog; love it! When I drove Jon to the train this morning, there were some places where the water on the road was over the front bumper of some smaller cars I passed. CRAZY! Glad you are safe :)
Meredith
we've already had 3 flood days (using up all of our snow days) - didnt realize it was raining so much up there
Post a Comment