Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"The Berg"

My first "real" adventure was my trip to Heidelberg to visit Amity and Sophie. Nothing too remarkable happened there, but it was so wonderful to see them! It had been way too long and it gave us some much needed catch-up time.

Here are some impressions from while I was there:

The "old bridge" and the castle by night from Sophie's room. Because she lives on the top floor of this amazing villa-ish house, she has really cool roof windows that tilt up out of the roof of the house. It just so happens that she has a beautiful view from them, too.

Whilst the ladies were in class on Monday afternoon, I decided to wander around the city and do some exploring of my own. I found this poster on one of the many doors in a little alley I walked down. It says: "Heidelberg stinks". False.
Part of my exploration of Heidelberg took me up a little cobble stone path and before I knew it, I was hiking up to the castle where I found this tower. It almost looked like the entire front half of it had "avalanched" down and is now leaning against the rest at the bottom. It was pretty cool.
I also found this bench on the castle grounds. As you can see, it is very large and made completely of stone. It's probably not the comfiest of benches around, but it looks pretty sweet. Also, I have no idea who these two ladies are, but they're wearing the exact same outfit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would bet the two ladies are you and the other christine ;)

Christine said...

haha nice, thanks :P