Well, it's been a while... In the mean time it seems like nothing has happened and somehow a lot did. We'll see what I can come up with:
I've been spending a lot of time outside while the weather is still nice. The beauty of the woods and my surroundings is just amazing and I am reminded over and over again how great and creative our God is. One of my goals for this semester away from what I've become used to is to figure out who God is and understand more about Him. I suppose a lot of figuring that out will help me understand more about who I am, too. I've got a lot to learn.
I think I may have finally figured out (more or less) how the university system works. Of course by now, I've already missed a whole load of reading that I was supposed to do, but I'm not sure that it's going to be necessary to read it now. Probably won't be. And since there's no one to tell me, I guess I'll never know. I feel bad for the kids that are actually trying to get a degree from this school. It seems nearly impossible that anyone would have it all figured out in time to take all the necessary classes and graduate on time. No wonder so many of them are still around after 7 or 9 semesters instead of just 6! I'm just glad that I'm only here for a semester. If nothing else, this semester "abroad" is showing me how right my decision was to go to Gordon.
The highlight of the past few weeks was definitely when Amity and Sophie came to visit. After a few train complications they made it on Thursday night and then we headed out to Paris in the morning. There isn't much that's better than a good road trip with wonderful friends. The weekend was packed with running from sight to sight, exploring new things, and finding interesting tid-bits along the way. It was great!
yeah, you're going to want to get a horse head wig...
Sophie stayed for a few more days after we got back on Sunday night and Amity stayed for the rest of the week. Oh it was so nice to have them around! My mom's pretty much decided to adopt them while they're here hehe :)
10 weeks till Christmas, but who's counting?
No comments:
Post a Comment