Sunday, December 6, 2009

I think I'm overwhelmed

You know that feeling when you're excited for something to come or happen but you know that you have to do something un-fun first in order to get to the end? Well, this week is the un-fun part. This week is probably the craziest week I've had since the summer and it seems to be getting fuller and fuller by the hour. Everything is happening right now and I just can't be bothered to do anything about the piles of work and laundry and messes accumulating in my house, room, and mind. In my head I think I believe that if I just ignore it all and close my eyes, it will go away and just somehow manage to work out fine. And at the same time I know that's dumb and naive and I should really just stop complaining and get the job done. Did I mention I can't be bothered?
The thing is, that I'm one week away from basically being finished with the university here. Just one week! But between now and then there is a big linguistics exam, two papers on smart subjects I don't know much about, appointments, planning music for Sunday, babysitting for way too many families, helping out friends with sales, trying to find a time to go see the place I will be serving drinks at on Friday night, serving the drinks to people I don't know on my otherwise free Friday night, going to Germany to help teach an English lesson, cleaning the house for the Christmas chaos that could potentially break out when we double the number of people in the house, skype interview... and probably more, but I just can't remember it all!
I mean, I like to be organized, but having to plan my time hour by hour just to make sure I can fit everything into my day and not have things overlapping is even too much for me! Oh goodness. One more week... Just one more week...

No comments: