Monday, March 22, 2010

The Beauty of Life

Have I mentioned yet how much I love living in an apartment? Because I do. I love that I can have the door to my room open at all times but not have to listen to people in the hallway all day long. The same thing kind of goes for the living room, too. I can sit there any time I want without having to be afraid of that super awkward couple wanting to have the space at the same time. Also, having an apartment gives me a larger space to feel comfortable walking around in my PJ's in. I'm one of those people that does not leave the house without propper clothes on. Sweats in public are very uncomfortable to me. However, in an apartment, I could live for days in my pyjamas without anyone ever knowing (except my apartment mates, but they're so great, they wouldn't even care!) Probably the best thing about living here, though, is that I can cook whenever and whatever I want. It's not that I create anything super extravagant, but I can always make what I feel like eating when I get hungry. A secret (or no longer so secret) pleasure of mine is browsing cookbooks and recipe blogs and websites. Everything I've made from a recipe has come from the world wide web and has been pretty delicious after I added my own bit of character to it. My favourite few things to make are blondies (like brownies, but blond), pancakes, and the chickpea burgers I descovered this past weekend. Like I said, nothing special, but things I like and love to make.

Also, can I just say how much I love spring and how much I cannot wait for the world to come back to life again? It never ceases to amaze me how trees and grass and dirt seem to go from dead, cold, nothing-ness to beautiful, bright, bursting colors of leaves and flowers and life! I know it happens every year, but it's such a beautiful miracle and I don't want to miss the wonder of it.

No comments: