I'm going to start off with another babysitting story. Recently, I showed up at the girls' house to find that Maggie Blue had glitter all over her face and I couldn't help but smile and think If I ever have my own little princess, she will most definitely be allowed to wear glitter! Because, let's face it, body glitter on adults = weird. But body glitter on a little girl = probably what it was originally meant for. Apparently there had been a situation before I got there, where mom had specifically said not to get glitter in her eyes because it would hurt... Guess what kept happening every time our little principessa rubbed her starry little eyes... Yep. Ouch. Turns out there's a reason mom said to keep the tiny bits of shredded metal out of there.
Another uncomfortable discovery that I made the other day was that you don't really ever want to run into students in the underwear aisle. It makes your heart beat faster because what are you supposed to do? Greet the parents, too? Pretend you're someone else? Duck? Well, I was browsing undergarments the other day when I heard a child's voice that sounded just a little too familiar. This put me in an odd position because it didn't seem like an appropriate location to greet a student, but hiding between all those nickers and panties seemed a bit strange and creepy, too. Luckily, the child wasn't someone I knew, but I learned my lesson anyway: Don't do personal shopping close to where you work. I was told at the beginning of the year not to drink where I work, but I think they should add no undie-shopping, too.
Today, after picking up the girls, I was amazed by how many words Poco has learned and how much of what she babbles I can actually understand now. A lot of her talking is just repeating the words and phrases that she hears around her, but sometimes she misunderstands things. When we drove by the big old ship near their house, Maggie pointed to it and said "Look at the ship! It's the Friend-ship!" (so cute) Poco followed Maggie's finger, saw the boat, giggled, and announced "Fend-shit". I think I did pretty well hiding my own giggles. You know, when you're small and cute, you can get away with just about anything.
Lastly, I stumbled upon one of my favorite posts by one of my favorite bloggers the other day and it just made me smile to re-read it, so I decided to share the smiles. Isn't she lovely?
No comments:
Post a Comment